Monday, August 6, 2012

So Great a Love

One of the topics we discussed on the trip, and that I began to discover for myself, was God's love for us; prime Scripture: Romans 8. Seriously, take just a minute to read the whole chapter--it's such an amazing and precious piece of Scripture. I'm hard pressed to pick a single favorite verse from the chapter, they're all just so great. However, the beginning of the verse is so fantastic. "There is therefore now NO condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." I don't know if you realize this, friends, but it doesn't matter what you've done, God wants to forgive you for it. Of course, this is something I've always known in my head, but it takes revelation from God to really understand the scope and the depth of this statement with your heart. The same with the way that God loves us; I grew up hearing that God loves me, that He loves everyone, that He died for sinners, but it's not something that I truly understood until God opened my heart.

God did not even spare His own Son, but sent Him to die that we might be raised to life, and through Him we are more than conquerors. My favorite verse, though, is probably where it says "The Spirit intercedes for us with groanings that words cannot express." The Holy Spirit is talking to God on our behalf, with groanings; He aches for us and hurts for us, and feels our pain as His own. Take comfort in that, friends, that Jesus loves You, and that He died for you, and that nothing can separate us from that love.

No comments:

Post a Comment