Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Iron Sharpens Iron

So I've been so blessed in my friendships of late. Not only do I have an amazing best friend in Rachel, who is seriously the most tender hearted person I've ever met, and who gets excited for me and sad for me and just loves me crazily, but I've also had the opportunity to meet great people like Chad, Joseph, Rachel Z, and the entire rest of the team. Since leaving Texas, I've had the opportunity to chat with all four of these brothers and sisters in Christ.

Never underestimate the power of the spoken word.

These people have spoken truth into my life, offering words of wisdom and encouragement. It's amazing to me how God really does use the Body of Christ to build us up; iron really does sharpen iron, friends, and these people have certainly sharpened me, and I pray that I have sharpened them in return.

These friendships would not have been possible without this trip to Australia. Because of that trip, I was able to witness the body of Christ truly at work, to understand the ways in which believers impact one another, and also to realize that I have power, that not only do they sharpen me, but, through Christ alone, I can speak truth into their lives as well, to strengthen and encourage them.

I hope that I use my words for good, and that my friends have come away from our chats feeling as encouraged and uplifted as I have. I'm seriously so inspired by this body of believers.

Love you all so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment